Thursday, February 10, 2011

Morning Ritual

Not only am I eating healthier these days, I am also taking extra special care of my body by following the guidelines of Ayurvedic purification rituals. They may read a little odd, but I have to admit, I have never gone about my day feeling more awake and prepared to conquer the world. My skin looks great and I just feel really healthy and pampered. So my morning goes something like this...

1. Chlorophyll (countless benefits) w/ Water - down the hatch

2. Jala Dhauti (to cleanse the system) - Lemon & Apple Cider Vineger w/ Water - down the hatch

I'm AWAKE! Think of these flavors... starting to see why?

3. Tongue scraping (prevents bad breath and actually helps you taste your food more)

4. Brush teeth

5. Neti Pot (for sinuses - love this during allergy season)

6. Dry Brushing w/ rough body brush (stimulates the body and increases blood flow)

7. Anoint the face and body w/ oil - I use Almond (its the Pitta in me - more on Doshas later)

8. Jump in shower cold (really how much more awake could I get?)

9. Regular warm shower - use organic soap

10. Yoga! (I mean, I get out of the shower and all that... but #10 just feels right as a final step.)

Bring it on day!

3 comments:

  1. ohhh sounds interesting! keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My true friend who is from Jamaica clued me into the apple cider vinegar drink. Good to find another believer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I at least START with a warm shower and THEN turn it to cold? START WITH COLD!!! I could could have a....never mind...no negative thought forms allowed.

    ReplyDelete