Monday, February 7, 2011

Meatless Mondays

As part of our new diet, we are participating in Meatless Monday by eating vegan each time this day of the week rolls around. This has turned out to be an excellent practice for me. On the first Monday I may have yelled, "Oh no, I can't eat you!" ... at an egg. (No comment.) But I am trying.

I am getting better at creating more well-rounded meals for myself as we go.  The cleanse (which is not a starve-yourself-situation as the term 'cleanse' sometimes suggests but instead a very wholesome diet that cuts out the crappy processed food I was unconsciously eating day in and day out) has really been an eye opener. It has been especially informative to see how much of my protein I consume from animal products - I am eating majority fruit, veg and whole grains at last!



If you are interested in joining the Meatless Monday movement check out the link above. I will say that I have not yet read the entire website, so I am not sure if I agree with every opinion they are conveying, but the environmental benefits of cutting meat out of your meals one day a week are worth the commitment alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment