Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wedding Planning Yogi Style...

Quick sneak peek at where Mike and I will be getting married next year! I know, I know - what do you care about my wedding plans right? What does that have to do with yoga? Well, actually, so far my experience has had a lot to do with yoga - one particular school of it especially...  Bhakti Yoga means to move about your life making everything an act of devotion and love. This is becoming a very big part of me, but one I am just starting to be able to share. (So much more on that to come.)

Basically it is surfacing in my wedding planning because I am trying to make all of my choices using my heart and my gut - from picking the ladies I want to stand by my side, to the location. I have found there is really no other way. I have tried the websites and the checklists, listening to a plethora of advice from loved ones (keep it coming of course) but, in the end, its all about what feels best to Mikey and me.

So, when my godparents so generously agreed to let us get married on their beautiful land it just felt right. I could absolutely picture us there. (Which I could not really do looking at all the places I was exploring online.) But I knew it would only be the right spot if Mike thought it was a beautiful, meaningful place as well. I got to bring him there this weekend and am happy to report that he loves it too.

So without further ado...


A little mowing and this is a gorgeous view of the lake!

Or there is always the married in the gazebo option...


Which would you pick? There is also a GIANT tennis court that we will be fixing up as our reception area - it will probably get half covered by a tent and will have all of the tables, the bar and be the dance floor!


2 comments: