Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"End, begin, all the same. Big change.



... Sometimes good. Sometimes bad." Dark Crystal anyone? 

The end is here. Or the beginning. Both really. I have completed my 200 hours of yoga Teacher Training! From here it is on to teaching community classes at New York Yoga. I feel so blessed to have come so far. This training has been triumph after triumph for me, at a time when I really needed them. The lessons learned have already so greatly impacted who I am - mentally, physically and spiritually - and I look forward to sharing these teachings as they sink in a little deeper.

The teachers who have led me on this journey are so dear to me. To think that I can now call myself a teacher too is a bit surreal. When I got up to teach my sequence during our final I was nervous, afraid I would choke and forget what to do. Then looking out on my peers waiting to do yoga, I just got to work. Teaching them felt natural, even though I was being observed for a test, and I hope that stepping in front of an actual class will feel the same way. I am okay with getting the jitters as long as once I begin teaching I can turn them off. :) 

I have to admit I am sad training is over. I will miss the amazing people I shared my weekends with, the constant encouragement and the learning environment. I am so proud of everyone and their accomplishments, and let me tell you, this is one amazing batch of yoga teachers hitting the scene! The classes we will all be teaching at New York Yoga are Yogi's Choice, Donation Classes - meaning you can come in and pay whatever you like to take them. I highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity and coming out to meet these amazing teachers. (Then you can say you knew them when...) 




I went in to each weekend of this training excited to learn something new and was never let down. Yoga is ever evolving but has the deepest roots you can seek out. There is so much information, so many opinions and practices, that people dedicate their lives to studying text about it. Which is okay by me because that means there will always be new knowledge. I think one trick to finishing this training (and not go right into shock) will be to continue my studies of this amazing subject. Happily sharing what I discover with you. 

Of course I will still be doing plenty of yoga and evolving my practice at home and in classes. The difference now is, come June, I will also be teaching! More on that to come. Namaste. 



1 comment: