Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Countdown Begins...

This time next week, I will have completed my first weekend of New York Yoga's 200 hour Teacher Training Program. (Eep.) I am both elated and terrified to start this journey. What makes it all the more exciting? I have decided that I am going to blog all about it. This is my first attempt at doing such a thing - both a 200 hour training program and blogging.

I am drawn to Teacher Training for many reasons - I'm sure they will all appear here eventually. But for now I will say that I am doing this to know and understand yoga more deeply, and I look forward to being able to share yoga with others through teaching.  I hope that this blog will serve as a way to start sharing new knowledge, my experiences and all the challenges that arise during this crazy process.

I expect a lot to happen in 200 hours and good, bad or ugly it'll all be right here.

Hope to gain:
   a stronger yoga practice
   more peace of mind
   yoga vocabulary - English and Sanskrit
   killer sequencing skills
   vinyasa flow like a pro ;)

Fear that:
   my practice is the weakest of my fellow trainees
   no one will want to eat with me at breaks
   someone will break my nose when i assist their hand stand (it has happened)
   i may fail "the cleanse"
   i will sleep through my alarm the first day




No comments:

Post a Comment